There will be no SoTL Advocate post this week, as it’s time to enjoy a mid-term break!
While away, we would invite you to consider submitting a post for this blog. Ideas might include — but certainly aren’t limited to:
- a report of a SoTL project that discusses preliminary/pilot/final data
- ideas for a new SoTL project
- reflection on involvement in SoTL as a researcher, mentor, or student
- literature review that leads to application of extant SoTL research
- directions for SoTL in the future
- examples of cross-disciplinary or cross-institutional SoTL advocacy, research, or activity
- visual representation of SoTL (e.g., documentary)
- resources for others to use in terms of SoTL advocacy and/or outreach
- tips for fellow SoTL researchers
- information re: SoTL in individual disciplines
Blogs (or questions about authoring a blog) should be submitted to Jen Friberg (email@example.com) and should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Blogs should be 750-100 words in length.
- Blogs are subject to editor review prior to acceptance for publication.
- The voice of the blog is up to its author. Feel free to write formally or conversationally, whatever best matches the blog topic.
- Blogs can include visuals. Provide a reference if image is not open-sourced or author-owned.
- If appropriate, please include a reference list for any citations in your blog. A suggested reading list is appropriate, as well.
- All blogs should include author affiliation and contact info (e.g., email address)